Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Top 10 Video Game Themes

In honor of the Oscars tonight, I thought I'd send out a little "Top Ten" action.  Only instead of being for "best acting," here are my nominations for Top 10 Video Game Themes (and yes, I know this post may have been better suited to the Grammy awards but oh well):

10. Super Mario Bros.




9. The Legend of Zelda


8. Command and Conquer: Red Alert (Hell March)



7. Dragon Age: Origins

6. Fallout 3


5. StarCraft II


4. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion theme


3. Halo 3 (One Final Effort)


2. Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Moonlight Nocturne)


1. Final Fantasy 8 (Liberi Fatali)


Well, what do you think?  Do you agree with my choices?  What would you have chosen instead?

2 comments:

  1. I think your choice of themes are excellent and bring back a host of memories... I am not in love with the version of the Zelda theme you posted, I've heard many that were more faithful to the original game pack (use one for my primary ring tone) also I find the green text hard to read on the gray background. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can say I have changed the green text to red, per your comments. Is this better, or would you rather see the background color changed? Anyone else with suggestions/comments?

    ReplyDelete